San Mateo County Probation Achieves EBO reCertification
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 12, 2018 – Atlanta, GA - In a statement the Society for Evidence-Based Professionals, EBP Society and Joyfields Institute for Evidence-Based Professionals jointly announced today that San Mateo County Probation in California completed an organizational self-evaluation to become reCertified as an Evidence-Based Organization (CEBO).
"We are pleased to announce that San Mateo County Probation has met the requirements for renewal of its status as a Certified Evidence-Based Organizations (CEBO).", said Sobem Nwoko, President, Joyfields Institute. Findings of the reCertification assessment determined the organization continues to demonstrate a number of strengths in the five key components of an Evidence-Based Organization (EBO). For recertification, an organization is subject to a rigorous organizational self evaluation overseen by an evidence-based expert evaluator. Specifically, the agency is;
- Building knowledge and use of evidence based policies, programs, and practices
- Demonstrating of effective leadership
- Organizational culture and assessment
- Strategic planning, performance measurement, and program evaluation
- Building capacity and sustainability
Sobem Nwoko, President, Joyfields Institute, and Founder, the EBP Society, congratulated the team for its steadfast commitment to proven approaches to insure clients' success, saying, "..this is a standard all who work with justice involved citizens can aspire to in their work to insure public safety, while supervising clients in community. Entering its third year as a Certified Evidence-Based Organization (CEBO), San Mateo County Probation is proof positive it can be done".
In a statement, Chief John Keene, San Mateo County Probation Chief Probation Officer said, “We strive to incorporate evidence-based approaches in a fashion that is consistent with the “Integrated Model” approach where we connect evidenced based principles, organizational development, and collaboration. By doing this, it has allowed our department to set a standard in our county for policy development and program procurement. The expectation of all those we work with is that EBP must be a part of our collaboration.."
Mr. Nwoko further stated, ‘...employees and their clients seeking supports and services, voluntarily or otherwise, must have confidence in organizations they depend on. San Mateo County Probation clearly is one such organization".
About San Mateo County Probation Department - The mission of the San Mateo County Probation Department is to enhance community safety, reduce crime, and assist the victims of crime through offender accountability and rehabilitation. We accomplish our mission by striving to achieve the following goals:
- On an ongoing basis, enhance, maintain, and deliver a high level of innovative and quality services and programs.
- Continue to use evidence based assessment tools to supervise offenders according to risk level.
- On an ongoing basis, advance communication and collaboration, internally and with partners.
- Become a certified evidence based organization.
- Enhance and expand victims' services and the restoration of victims.
Learn more at http://probation.smcgov.org
EBP Society is the Society for Evidence-Based Professionals. The organization is dedicated to enhance capacity and help drive human and social services careers by;
- Easing access to streamlined training and capacity building programs for professionals
- Providing a one-stop online access to evidence-based education and resources, and
- Facilitating professional certifications to strengthen career development for evidence-based professionals
Learn more at www.ebpsociety.org
Joyfields Institute standardized evidence based & strength-centered programs and supports training and performance evaluation through its annual workshops, conferences and webcasts. The institute introduced EvalMeasures Software, featuring web-based software solutions to help evidence-based professionals gather, evaluate and report performance data.
Learn more at www.joyfields.org
The Certified Evidence-Based Organization (CEBO) program provides a standard method for systematically building capacity as an Evidence-Based Organization (CEBO), and recognizes the abilities and accomplishments organizations demonstrate in the area of evidence-based policies, programs, and practices. The program is established as an outstanding opportunity for organizations to enhance their evidence-based approaches and the culture and proficiencies they possess.
Learn more at https://www.ebpsociety.org/certifications
San Mateo County Probation
- Created on .