Congratulations! So you want to be a Human Services Associate...
Are any of these true for you?
- We prepare people in our community to enter or re-enter the job market.
- We help members of our community decide what career to pursue.
- A career in Human Services would absolutely interest the people we serve
- Many people we serve are better suited to a career in the growing field of Human Services
If you said "YES", then the Certified Evidence-Based Associate (CEBA) in Human Services is the way to go. The Human Services Associate certification process is an online virtual masterclass of in depth training modules, quizzes, a pre-test and a post test final exam. It is designed for individuals who want to start or restart a career in the human services field and provides training and resources to not only learn about the field, but also help candidates earn a recognized entry level professional credential that will enable them to initiate careers in the human services field as Certified Evidence-Based Associates (CEBA) in Human Services. Participants receive fundamentals education about the human services field, careers in the field they can choose to pursue, and the core concepts and practices professionals must possess to be effective. Upon completion candidates will earn an industry certification showing the participant possesses a fundamental understanding to enter a career as a Human Services professional. Such individuals enter the field with a faily good knowlledge of what it and what they can expect.
Program Details & Intended Outcomes
Candidates undergo pre- and post- testing, attend a 10-modules, self-paced online human services career training masterclass, gain exposure to proven human services models and career tracks, and close-out with a live in-person debrief and graduation session. The close-out session is facilitated by a human services professional with the aim of ensuring that candidates have a good grasp of the material covered in the masterclass, answer questions and represent the profession. It is funder- and stakeholder-friendly by ensuring it acounts for typically required evidence-based methodologies and education.
Successful completion of the certification will indicate that you have achieved:
- An Understanding of the Various Human Services Careers
- An Understanding of Evidenced Based Practice as Part of Service Delivery and Intervention Strategies
- An Understanding of Motivational Interviewing Skills and its use in Service Delivery
- An Understanding of Trauma Informed practice for consumers, service delivery agencies, communities, and management of self
- A Review of the Values and Attitudes that are at the Foundation of a Career in Human Services
- A Review of the Knowledge, and Skills Necessary to Support of Consumer’s seeking services
- A Review of the Meaning and Practice of Cultural Humility
- A Review of Evidence Based and Trauma Informed Intervention and Interviewing Strategies
- A Review of Social Work Ethics and response to Ethical Dilemmas that may present themselves in the workplace
Program Cycle: Participants must complete the program within 90 days to get certified.
NOTE: Industry Recognized Credential (IRC): Some jurisdictions may require an IRC to recognize the certification. To that end we offer...
- Motivational Interviewing (MI) Skills Workshop (Self-paced or Live Online) *
This is an industry recognized course we offer as a self-paced or live workshop. Motivational interviewing is a method used for over 50 years to help people change behaviors. Professionals have come to realize how effective this method is and make it an essential part of their tool kit.
MI is an evidence-based, collaborative, and goal-oriented approach that helps people resolve ambivalence and make changes in their lives. The goal of MI is not to convince someone to change but to explore and resolve the person's own reasons for wanting to change. This course is offered with pre- and post- testing and helps participants acquire additional professional skills to aid in professional development.
* We will add other industry-recognized training in human services in future.
Mentorship is the add-on to certification for a more robust offering designed to provide guidance and coaching some candidates may need as they undergo their career development training and certification credentialing. Mentorship is provided by human services professionals themselves through 1-on-1 and group interactions.
Services delivered are evidence-based and trauma-informed with the aim of helping participants succeed in the community.
Participants will be in a position to undergo mentorship sessions working closely with professionals in the Human Services field to help guide, coach and motivate them to achieve their goals, attend a 10-modules self-paced online human services career certification masterclass, pass masterclass modules quizzes, undergo pre- and post-testing, and undergo the Industry Recognized training in Motivational Interviewing (MI) through a MINT provider as may be required.
Participants gain confidence to pursue their dreams with a professional credential that will help set them apart as they start their careers in the growing human services field.
The return on investment (ROI) can be quite substantial for participants and their sponsoring agency.
What participants are saying and doing!
"I did not know there were so many opportunities in Human Services. It's rewarding that I will be able to help others and help myself."
*Desteny Malone - I especially liked the self-care module of the workshop. I realized I would like to go into Art Therapy.
"An eye opening program where I learned so much I did not know. So many opportunities and options in Human Services!"
"I was very scattered without any real direction in the beginning. After going through the course, it helped me to focus on wanting to work with children."
"I am so pleased to inform you that since receiving the certification my client M. Bischoff has gotten a full time position as a Direct Support Specialist. She now works for an addiction treatment center for women and she LOVES it!!!! Thank you!!!"
Choose from below...